Sunday, October 24, 2010

LCD Needed... NO... DEMANDED

I have been complaining for a long time that I have a regular CRT Monitor while all (well.. almost) others have the privilege of using a LCD monitor everyday at office. As expected, my inane demands and complains have proved fruitless.

The best output I have gotten so far from all the lamenting and whining is a screen saver on the CRT I have been using for the last two years. As old as it looks it has managed to survive all this long. If my CRT wasn't this deterministic to face all odds with persistence and keep on living I would have gotten a LCD long ago. As the rule states;

"As long as your CRT monitor is working, you can't get a LCD."




But all of this has resulted in some amusing and interesting suggestions from my team mates:

1. "You should have come to your brother before you went to your boss. Come on, let's steal someone's LCD. Is there someone you don't like in office, let's steal their LCD."

2. "The next time you have a drink of water, don't forget to pour it on your CRT...
accidentally of course."

Any other suggestions, people.

4 comments:

Haris Gulzar said...

You can do a lot of things to it... Accidentally obviously :-P. Just need a little push towards the edge of the table, and then shout out loud "SHIT, What did I do..." :-D. You'll even get to sit and do nothing unless the brand new LCD is arranged for :-D ;)

Unknown said...

Here is a sure fire tip:
Place ur cell under the CRT in Silent mode make a call on ur cell the display should get blurred. Call the concern authority to replace the CRT. Task Done :)

If they catch the real problem just act innocent and thank them, for letting you understand what effect a cell phone had on CRT's. SIMPLE :)

Intricate said...

@Haris..
Haha.. nice idea.. I especially like the part where I get to sit around and do NOTHING.. :D :D

@Ammad..
Hehe.. Yeah.. acting dumb won't be a big problem.. :P

Anonymous said...

Say it's harmful for your eyes, and if they dont change it, and you get blind(I knooow) you will sue them. Sue them for negligience or whatever it was that we studied in professional issues in IT.
If your office doesnt have CCTV, then smash it with a hammer, when no one is there, and then put up a show.
Can't believe my suggestions!!