Monday, July 21, 2008

Random Thought

It's true, I have finally realized, that it's not until you loose something that you realize it's importance.

Back in school, I enjoyed going to my school, even if it meant waking up early in the morning, even if it meant taking classes the entire day including classes of subjects like Sindhi and Maths (I used to hate Maths), even if it meant doing loads of homework. I still loved being there, being a part of it, having friends, having those long chat sessions with friends in the morning before the bell rang. I remember I especially got there early so that I can chat. My home was nearby, I could have easily gotten there only 5 minutes to spare, but no I reached my school early so that I can talk with my friends and have fun. Oh this brings up so many memories, that if I start writing about them it would just fade away the actual topic (the title hasn't come to me yet) :)
But still we never failed to complain about our teachers and the school management and how they fail to care about their most important assets, their students meaning us. Ten years spent complaining and moaning on things we didn't have the authority to change.

And then it was College, an addition of two years to my fantastic memories collection. Two years spent full of enjoyment. My friends and I sat together and were always found laughing. Oh those good old days. Thoroughly enjoyed.

And then it was University. I didn't realize that I was enjoying it. The first three years were okay but the last one was fabulous. I didn't know then that I would miss this place terribly once it all gets over.

And you know what the problem is. When I told anyone that this is my last year, I am wishing for it to end soon. All they had to add was "Life would be much tougher afterwards."
No one, not a single soul, gave me the tinniest of hope that things would be fine in the future too. It felt like they wanted to imply that my life would get over once this last session of my academic career gets over. Everyone made me feel like there is nothing good to look forward to. And I hated it. Come on yaar!!! (again roaming away from the topic)

Well anyways, the point is once the time passes you by with a swift you realize that it was good when you were going through it. You may not have liked it then, there may be somethings you would rather hadn't happened, but still it was good. And some part of you wishes that you could have enjoyed it more while it lasted.....

End of another inane post with no relevance to anything.... :)

1 comment:

Nazia Gilani said...

Wanna say so much to this one.

Let me first make it very clear that there is no way on earth I would move back if I had a chance. Good memories or bad, I'm happy where I am:)

Unlike what most ppl said, I disagree, atleast for myself, my life has gotten better and easier after university. I sure have to give a lot of effort in office but then that's it. There is nothing as home work and that means more time to enjoy at home. So loving that. And my work is dependent only on my work...no dependence on anyone...so that's a positive too.

But yeah sure...there were a lot of things I miss (not hard enough to move back but yet:P). Things I want to relive...so many memories, good n bad...think I can never get over the uni days:)

Originally Posted on:
September 25, 2008 1:59 AM