Monday, June 22, 2009

Office Chuckles

Note:
The following though may not be very funny for all, and it wasn't exactly hilarious for me either, but it was something I thought was worth sharing on blog.. so here goes.. (aren't Notes supposed to be in the end??? well.. never mind.. :) )

As I sat trying to work my way through the log files, trying to find the reason due to which the customers were facing an error, thinking..
"Ab kya phat gaya yaar?" ("NOW what's wrong?")

suddenly a voice like "Peeepp" from behind me startled me, but only for a few seconds, as I realized what it was, I got back to my work.

A message popped on my screen (Office Network Chat);
F:
"That voice...any idea?"

Me:
"Yup, it's the laptop. Apni zindagi kee akhri saansein letay waqt chila raha hai.. (crying while counting minutes to it's death)"

F:
"Oh...."

The peep voice continued and after a while I added.

Me:
"And all of us are too busy to put the laptop to peace. We'll let it shout and disturb us rather than get up and do something about it. Getting up and taking a few steps towards the laptop may be counted as exercise you know."

F:
"Then why don't you get up if you are so worried about it."

Me:
"Naah... Let it be"

Just about then I found the root of error and called my boss. At that point my boss and the people sitting next to him realized the noise pollution emitting from the cubicle near me... It took them a few seconds to realize that it was the laptop. And I, helpful as I am (:P), suggested that we keep it for charging.
And my boss, as he walked towards the laptop, rejected my suggestion and did something more wise.. He put it to sleep... (equivalent to killing it in accordance with my analogy of the laptop dying).

Though it was the obvious thing to do if you weren't in the mood of going through the hassle of putting the laptop on charge, neither F nor I came up with it. And it was a little funny when I saw my boss executing the easier solution.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm,it is usually due to tension and stress that a person knowing a simpler solution can not come up with it, when required as he/she is so much occupied with other tasks and work load.

Another scenario is when a person does not enjoy the work he/she is doing and just wants to get over with it. I do not know which case it was.

But hope things are better now and if not then I pray that may thing get better as soon as possible.