Saturday, November 8, 2008

Busy, busy

It's been a long long time since I had posted something that is not about SQL and neither are just links to other sites. There are two reason for that.. one is that I decided that I should stop writing about things that go on insanely in my head,, after all who would want to read about that. I wanted this blog to be technical, which I guess I have miserably failed to do. :P The second thing is that I have been way too busy...

Just last Friday, walking with friends from office to a restaurant near by, we talked about how we are neglecting our health... the proper amount of sunlight that we succeed in avoiding each day, as when we come to our jobs there is not much sun and when we leave there is no sun at all, and the proportion of calcium that we fail to consume each day. And I realized, not for the first time, that we take care of everything else except our own selves. At first it was studies we cared about, and now it's our jobs.

Everyone is racing against time. Trying to get ahead. So ahead that we neglect our surroundings.

When my friends and I were about to start our jobs, one of my friends told me that she has already informed her employers that she will work only for 9 hours, not a minute less, not a minute more. The reason she stated was "We have already spent a lot of time studying, I don't want to be doing the same at job." And I agree with her, I totally agree. We have woven our lives with threads of job and studies.. we no more spend quality time with our families (this is the 'surroundings' I was referring to above which we neglect).

We only try to manage work, not our lives.

Hmmmm, once again the post started with something else and then became something else.

So I was saying I have been too busy with work and studies (ummm well I don't think I am studying but I kept the book open in front of me the entire day, yesterday, does that count as studying?) that I neither got time to write something, neither is my head bulging with ideas. The above narration is the only thing I could come up with.. :P

Anyways, once again I'll try writing more. Somewhere along the way I have lost the passion to write. I still like writing, provided I don't need to work on it. But I do, I sooo do.

A few days back, one of my friends gave me the address of her blog (which I'll be including in my blog roll, after I am done with this post). And just ruffling through it, I realized how much I enjoy writing and reading blogs. And it's because of her blog, that I am trying to return and put some live into "intricate zone". At least, I'll be writing something, I know no one reads what I write, but still I'll be writing something.


I noticed that that friend of mine had put her articles there. And I remembered I too was planning to do that. So I guess, someone who accidentally stumbles upon my blog someday, might find my articles posted here as well, amidst other inane stuff that I produce.


This is where I end... :P

1 comment:

Muhammad Ammad Saleem said...

Reading the above I suggest, that you take some time out for your self. A blog should be what ever you want it to be. So that it has something for every one who comes to the blog.

Check out my blog, I put there, what ever I come across :D

http://ammadsal.wordpress.com/

though I also hardly get time to keep it updated

Originally Posted on:
November 13, 2008 2:39 AM