Thursday, November 27, 2008

Money Matters..

When it was our parent's money that we were throwing away happily, we never thought once about how we are spending it. I remember, in our last year of bachelors, we kept planning about going to that place for lunch or that place. I always voted for KFC, but somehow that plan always got canceled. One day one of very nice friends told me "Yaar, I went to KFC last night with family and thought of buying Zinger for you, but then I decided not to, as it would turn bad till the morning."
Now I am a person who doesn't like it when someone spends this much money for me without an occassion. So I said "Nahi yaar... It's good that you didn't buy anything for me. Why waste money?" And I got a very sweet reply "Friends mein chalta hai yaar."

Now we all have mashaAllah started our careers and now we always think a little before we go and spend even a small amount from our salaries. Now again, all of us were trying to make plans to go for lunch from our jobs, and the plans always got canceled. And then I finally decided I wouldn't go with my uni friends for lunch as if I plan for that I'll eventually starve to death.
Now consider the following conversation with the same friend of mine:

Friend: "Lunch tomorrow?"
Me: "No, not at all. You people will starve me to death as I am sure you will cancel this plan at the last moment as well."
Friend: "Hehe... Acha when we are going for lunch we'll kidnap you from your office."
Me: "Acha then you'll pay for my lunch as well."

Now read the reply she gave to me, the same friend who once said "Friends mein chalta hai" now said:

"Haan mein to darakhton (trees) se utar rahi hoon na"

:D :D

No comments: