Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Memories I'll cherish

14 of June 2008, my last day of bachelors..... finally, done with the Open House, finally done with Blog Digger..... Four years of bachelors done, 16 years of education completed. 16 years seems a very very long time.
All these four years of bachelors, it was like "kab khatam hoon gein yeh 4 saal" In the fourth year the thoughts were "yaar buhat parh liya... 4 saal buhat hotay hain 3 saal ka bachelors hee theek tha".
And now when it has finally ended, I know there are a lot of memories I have made, a lot of things I'll miss, a lot of things I'll think about whenever I think about my university. A lot of things I'll remember... no, a lot of memories I'll cherish.

  • The time when we used to bargain with the teachers while setting marks distribution. Talking like it was something we are buying rather than discussing the distribution. Saying things like "Munasib kar dein, Sir".
  • Celebrating Color days in our last year. We celebrated Red day, Black day, White day... ahhh just a few days yaar we missed so many colors. Any ways, it was great, I participated in Black day, even though I HATE Black.
  • The day we celebrated cheap day.... and even I got in the mood, and became cheap.. which was pretty unexpected, one of my friends Nazia stood there looking at me with her mouth agape, wondering what had gotten into me. Ahhh, celebrating cheap day, that was something :)
  • When Ambreen and I used to chat just to decide what should be our next nick. Both of us would listen to English songs, choose lines from the songs and ask each other "would this be fine?" :P
  • The get together at Midhat's place. We had loads and loads of fun, taking photos with funny poses :D
  • The picture day. When all of us gathered at schon and took pictures, when we had our individuals pictures taken, when the entire batch gathered for the batch pic and started singing songs. Go to my previous post on picture day. :)
  • When we used to sit in E1 in the seventh semester and talked as we always had the first slots free, discussing FYP, at first it was "yaar banayein to banayein kya sab kuch to phele se hee bana hua hai?" and then, when we finally got what to make it was "kaisay banaye ga itna sab kuch?" and of course there were the PMs to discuss about, and we had many other things to discuss completely irrelevant to studies. Planning the next day to celebrate, the next place to gather at, the next restaurant to hit (though we only got to hit Pizza Next and Karachi Food Centre) and many many things. The room changed to E4 in the 8th semester but the stuff was the same.
  • The time we all played 'Bingo'. I didn't even know how to play Bingo, Ashba taught, it was like a class coz she used the white board to explain and believe me when I say it was the most interesting class :) And then we all played bingo. Bari mushkilon se mein aik hee game jeeti thi :P But it was a lot of fun. I also came to know that day that a couple of my friends used to play "Name Place Animal Thing" back in the initial semesters before papers as in, they had a paper in the evening and they would play Name Place in the morning instead of studying. I wanted to do the same thing, and so we decided that we too would play the game in one of the papers. In the last semester whenever one of us remembered this plan and voiced it, others would say, "nahi yaar aaj to nahi, Media mein khilein gain". But we didn't even play it in Media. But the Bingo day was fabulous. That day too has a post dedicated to it. :)
  • The one hour long ride in Point. Some days were spent sleeping, some times we used the time reading books (most of the times novels rather than course books), some times the solace was used in thinking... and most of the times it was spend talking, talking continuously for one complete hour. I would remember the time when we talked only about food.
  • The time when we finally got the opportunity to cross the "Quaidabad Bridge". The took a long time completing it and when it was finally done and our point crossed it all the students hooted. :D
  • The time when I listened to my MP3 player in IPT lab and the next day the teacher said, looking specifically at me, "I know what was going on in the lab". I still don't know how she got to know I was listening to MP3 player, or maybe she just looked at me and as I was guilty I assumed that she was talking about me.
  • My first and last Picnic. Definitely memorable.
  • My first and last Annual Dinner, and that play.....

It's a long long list and I know I'll be coming back to it adding more bullets. For most of you, all these things won't sound as fun, but it was, all those days were fun. For me at least, I know my friends would relate to it. :)

9 comments:

Muhammad Qasim Pasta said...

in my graduation ... I went to faculty room to tell my teacher that she didn't mark for one question .... at that time KK was present there (I hope you who is KK, between he is my mentor too) ... he told 'So now you are not studying therefore you need to come here' ...

After that .. I never asked any teacher for a single marks!

Originally Posted on:
June 18, 2008 2:52 AM

Kashif said...

You know what?
These things do sound a lot of fun. Wish we could've done half of these things at our time.
Anyways, nicely written. Good Job and Excellent Blog! :)

Originally Posted on:
June 18, 2008 11:41 AM

Intricate said...

@muhammad qasim pasta.
No sorry I don't know who KK is. :(

I never was good at persuading a teacher to give me marks anyways, even if I deserved them. In this last year of mine I wanted to do some things I have never done. Getting extra marks I didn't deserve should have been one of them, but pity I never thought of it before :P

Originally Posted on:
June 18, 2008 8:31 PM

Intricate said...

@Kashif

Thanks for liking my blog :D

Yeah these things were fun. Loads and loads of fun.

Originally Posted on:
June 18, 2008 8:32 PM

Kashif said...

Aah well that's nice to hear!
By the way, did you see my message on Facebook?

Originally Posted on:
June 19, 2008 12:38 AM

Ambreen said...

hey binaaa good job yaar... its too good..muwahh =)
im so damn missing all tht fun...but dnt worry humari chatting will never end :p haha u knw i hav got some more nicks tum online aana will tell u there ;)

Originally Posted on:
June 19, 2008 12:49 PM

R. Sameem said...

Ah the sweet memories and their long and well trodden lanes :-)

Everything is fun once its gone and done with eh?? ;-) FAST has it's own charm and that shall be chrming forever :-P

Originally Posted on:
July 23, 2008 12:24 AM

Nazia Gilani said...

Pizza next to yaad hain...karachi food kab gaye?

aur haan yeh sab yaad rahega...the talking about food:P woh to main bhool gayi thi. thanx for reminding me:)

aur yeh bingo kaise khelte hain?:P mujhay bhi sikhao:)

Originally Posted on:
September 26, 2008 1:44 AM

Nazia Gilani said...

Amber to apna promise bhool gayi hain lagta hain:)

Originally Posted on:
September 26, 2008 1:45 AM