Friday, August 1, 2008

Class of 2008

Last Saturday, this time, I was getting ready for my convocation.
Finally.... the day I have waited for my entire life.
I also wanted to be there, you know, up on the stage, receiving a degree amidst ceiling-bursting clapping. But I never got a chance in school or college. And prayed that they don't decide not to have it after Bachelors as well. But thankfully, they didn't, in fact we got our convocation the next month we graduated. And I was so so excited. I got through the entire week just thinking that I have my convo on Saturday, and I'll be going for rehearsal on Friday. The rehearsal seemed charming because all of us friends will be meeting there, it wasn't like we have been apart for long, but still yaar......
Any ways, finally they day came for which I was waiting my entire life. And I was getting ready for it... But we reached a bit late, as we had anticipated that the convocation would definitely start late as the chief guest never arrive on time but well this one did, right on time. And this time I was late. But no worries, nothing very very important had happened before I reached.
First other departments were called for conferment of degree. Then it was time for the CS Batch, that would be us. We all were told to stand up and make a queue long before our turn so that we were ready when it was finally our turn. And then we all walked up on the stage... girls in the center, guys on both side and we have so many guys in our class that they made a second row behind us. So many people stood there taking our pictures.. ahh it was amazing, absolutely amazing... and our Rector conferred us the degree and said Congratulations...... it was again amazing. Four years of effort finally paid off. Those assignments, the tension of projects that got you close to killing everyone around you, the days before your exams... all of that.. all of that hard work, and wishing and praying finally paid off. We have finally graduated.
We are officially "Class of 2008".

And the day went fabulous.... there was one room where photographers were sitting so that any student can go and get himself or herself photographed.
The lunch was good too, pretty good.
And then of course, being our selves, we had our own photo session. :)

But the day ended... as all things and all days do... but it was a day thoroughly, utterly, completely enjoyed, and too it's fullest.

The next day I woke up and searched the entire news paper for a news about our convocation, I wanted the entire world to know that we have graduated that we are the "Class of 2008", but there was no news :(
Next day, my batch mate and now my colleague told me that Daily Times has published OUR news :)

12 comments:

Zaynab said...

Ahaa!! so finally there was some news. I hope you have saved that newspapers till now :)

Muhammad Qasim Pasta said...

congratulations!

Intricate said...

@Muhammad Qasim Pasta

Thanks :)

Ali Raza Shaikh said...

Congrats! Welcome to the club of professionals.

I missed my convocation, poor me :(

Intricate said...

@Ali Raza Shaikh
Why on earth would you miss your convocation bhiee?

Ali Raza Shaikh said...

Hahahaha! my GPA was not that good :P

On serious note, it's better that i keep this secret to myself :P

Intricate said...

@Ali Raza Shaikh
ohhk. :)
But you missed a pretty good occassion, I guess. :)

Ambreen said...

AWww... n this is exactly what i felt abt it too... it was reallly amazing yaar!! that day i truly realized the worth of spending four yrs at FAST.. i mean graduating without a convocation is something incomplete :P but im soo happy that v r now completely n officially "graduates of FAST" :D

Nazia Gilani said...

Just wanted to remind u...that I was the real late comer:P...can't believe I fussed so much on getting ready that I missed half the convocation...but luckily I missed the boring part:P

And I still remember how we spent the whole day taking pics..that was amazing...love every single pic of it:)

hey...gimme the link to the daily times:) bless them

well congrats to u and all of us...we have finally made it after days, weeks, months and years of 'torture'...we made it...we are the winners...finally:D

Intricate said...

@Nazia
:)

Syed Faizan Ali said...

you remind me my convocation :)

own Photo-sessions are the best memorizes of our life :)

Intricate said...

@Syed Faizan Ali

Yeah, I miss those Own-Photo sessions now... :)