Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Countdown has begun.....

Yup, the countdown has begun. You ask what countdown??? If you are really asking this question then better wake up yaar, get yourself detached from your work load and look at the calendar. It's that time of the year again... yup it's August, the month when we got our independence.
But yeah I know this countdown doesn't seem as exciting as your own birthday. But I still like it when the tv channels show 10 days to go etc. I simply love this countdown.
I remember how I used to proudly attach a batch to my uniform back in school, how we sang songs in the 14th August function every year, how I decorated my home's gallery with flags and all.
Don't do that now. I guess my patriotism has damned a bit with my age.
Any ways, to honor this month, I have changed the look of my blog. It's the month when you see green flags everywhere, and thus my blog should reflect it. :)

Happy Independence Month!!! :)

And yeah, 6 days to go. :D

4 comments:

aVi Kashyap said...

Happy Indipendence day!!

Originally Posted on:
August 10, 2008 10:09 PM

Nazia Gilani said...

The independence day was celebrated by my software house by distributing badges which we all pinned to our dresses and then having a supper party which had a huge huge cake made like the flag of Pakistan with System's symbol on it. Instead of happy birthday we sang the anthem for cake cutting. It had been such a long time there was a badge, flag or anthem in my life...but it felt good...actually it felt wonderful...these things should happen in all offices and universities...it reminds us of patriotism:)

Originally Posted on:
September 25, 2008 1:31 AM

Intricate said...

It still happens at a lot of places. Functions are arranged for 14th of August, but we would rather spend our 14th August sleeping rather than attending those functions. (Unless attendance is compulsory). Even you were there because it was basically a working day, and the party was just for the evening, the rest of the day you were supposed to work. Had they called you on 14th you wouldn't have even thought of going.
And I agree such things do evoke our patriotism. I got excited and wrote the post "Sab se phele Pakistan" because someone was able to get me a little bit patriotic after such a long time. And that's our problem we shouldn't need any reason to feel love for our country, it should be there always. :)

Originally Posted on:
October 4, 2008 9:06 PM

Nazia Gilani said...

so true:)

magar aaj kal jo halat haina...dil nahi hota:P

Originally Posted on:
October 9, 2008 3:37 AM