Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sab se phele Pakistan

Hmmmmm…one thing I love about Pakistan…

When I was told about this topic I got really excited. The patriotism running wild in my blood. I had recently stated that my patriotism has gotten cold somewhere along the course of my life. But suddenly hearing the planning from Rabia baji I felt maybe it hasn’t gotten that cold after all.

So I got really excited in the beginning but then I thought what would I write yaar. Everything in my mind is too childish, but well I’ll still go with it. It might be childish but these are the things that I really do love about Pakistan, my Pakistan. And I’ll go on and write more than one thing, why restrict myself?

1. I used to state to my friends “I can’t possibly live anywhere besides Pakistan”. Why? they would ask. And I would simply say “I won’t get these bun-kababs, gol-gappas and gola-gandas anywhere else”.
And believe me, this is the reason, at least one of them. Sometimes these bun-kababs seem more tastier than KFC Zinger. They do to me. And gola-gandas…. just don’t ask about them.




2. We, Pakistanis have an amazing history. This is a land which came into being without any war fought, not a war with swords and tops, but it was a war of courage, bravery and patriotism, patriotism for a country that hadn’t been born at that time, but people still had patriotism. They still loved it, without it existing. The love which led them to sacrifice everything for Pakistan. This country may have been won without any actual war, but still so many things were lost in the process. This is the beauty of this country, an amazing history depicting stories of great, brave people, who fought the fight against all odds. I love it when people talk about Quaid-e-Azam and what a great personality he was, or about Allama Iqbal and his unforgettable inspiring poetry, or any other hero and their heroic acts. This is what separates us from others but unfortunately this is exactly what we have forgotten.

3. And I love the fact, that somewhere deep down we all are patriotic people. That Pakistanis become jazbati for Pakistan. (Sometimes this characteristic of ours is used against Pakistan). That even if we keep on complaining about Pakistan, we can still find some good things to say about it. That when this idea was floated around, no body, not even a single person backed out, they all agreed to, they all loved the concept, and then they all chimed in. That we can take out time from our so-called busy schedules to pass on text messages wishing “Happy Independence”. That I could hear our National Anthem in the morning (today). That the National Anthem was followed by National Songs. That we still love hearing these songs and feel patriotism. That we are still proud of this country, our country. That no matter what we say about it, we still call it “Our Country, Our Pakistan”, the our showing our love for it.


Happy Independence!!!

4 comments:

Yazi said...

Great Post! I agree all those desi foods are mouth watering, tasty and delicious! Someone like me lived all my life aboard can appreciate em. (:

I personally recommend Iqbal work to be read n studied by young generation of this country. It its self is great inspiring and giving someone an instant awakening type of work. One comes to a new reality a new thought after looking into his work!

wish u a better day than good!

Proud Pakistan ~/


PS. Count me in for any future projects related to improving our country!


Originally Posted on:
August 16, 2008 4:52 AM

Nazia Gilani said...

What to say...i guess I'm one of those ppl who are first in line for criticizing Pk. Don't think I'll do otherwise next time...but this article sure gave me goosebumps. Who knows, more article such as these may change the thinking of even ppl like me:)


Originally Posted on:
September 25, 2008 1:26 AM

Intricate said...

@Nazia....
OMG. Did I get you a little patriotic?
Well that's something. :D :P

Originally Posted on:
October 4, 2008 9:01 PM

Nazia Gilani said...

hahhaahah

Originally Posted on:
October 9, 2008 3:35 AM