Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ramadan Mubarak


I know I am a bit late with this post. We at Pakistan are already done with the 3rd roza, this post should have come early but well, better late then never.

Ramadan Mubarak to all of you

May we all take the full advantage of this blessed month. Pray as much as we can and may we keep ourselves away from all kinds of sins for this one month at least. Ameen.

This is the month where all Muslims try to follow the rules a bit more carefully. When we all try to offer our prayers, all 5 of them and all at the right time. When we try to keep ourselves away from sins and try to indulge ourselves in Zikr. When we keep ourselves away from food, in order to achieve Allah's blessings.

It's a completely different environment in Ramzan. You know everyone is offering Fast. You talk more about Islam and what we should be doing in this month. People offer Taraveh we all try to finish Quran in this month.

I am writing all of this, not because I intend to preach about Ramadan. But because these are the things that I especially like about Ramadan. The fact that we all strive to become good Muslims, even if it's just for this one month. But even so it feels good that after all that has been happening all around, and after all the things we have entangled ourselves in, in spite of all the complexities we have sewn all around us, in spite of all the conspiracies we brew to keep ourselves ahead of everyone else in the race of life, there are times, when we detach ourselves from all these worldly affairs, or at least we try our best, and engage ourselves in our deen.

I would also take this opportunity and request everyone reading this to forgive me for anything that I might have said or done to hurt you in any way. Please forgive me.
Who knows I might not be there to ask for forgiveness the next time Ramadan is here.

No comments: