Friday, December 19, 2008

When we are students...

Before my first mid term of Masters, I was thinking about how all of us friends used to sit in a room, sitting with our books and notes open in front of us, but not studying.. oh not studying at all, but talking.. talking and having fun. And I thought everyone in Masters would be mature and no one would be talking loudly as we used to in Bachelors.. Bachelors was a different story altogether. Here they'll all be studying seriously, they'll all just reach the university 5 minutes before the paper so as not to waste their time, and leave immediately, again so that they can reach their jobs and start working. No jokes, no making bogus plans for cheating, nothing. Just serious people, waiting to give an exam and get over with it...
And I thought I would miss my friends. I thought I will be the only one asking
"Yaar parhna kya kya tha?"

Or asking;
"Oh that's also included in the syllabus?"

But I turned out to be very very wrong...
Because the scene there was the same. All the students sitting in the examination hall (though it wasn't like Bachelors in one way and that was all of us hadn't gathered there since morning but only came some time before the paper was scheduled to start), and all of the students instead of studying were having fun.

The same..
"Yaar koi mujhe yeh chapter to parha de?"

The same,
"Yaar yeh Sir ne itna sara kyun parha diya.., puri kitab hee parha dee Sir ne to"

The same,
"Ooye tu ne yeh parha hai?"

The same,
"Tu yahan beth mein wahan betha hoon"

It was all the same... the very same.


Note:
When I started writing this post.. and that was back in December 2008. I must have planned to include a lot of other things... But now when I am completing it I have already forgotten why I decided to write this post in the first place. :P :P

I am sounding like an author who has just finished writing her 100th novel after 5 years of work on it. :P :P

No comments: