Saturday, November 17, 2007

Another Lost Competition......

Programming Competitions -- You are given a problem set containing programming problems and you have maximum questions in a specified time frame. Three people per group, one computer per group, one problem set per group.
Seems easy?
Think again.

I remember the first time I participated in a Programming Competition, it was in the first semester. One of my friends who had made group with a guy of our class and was one member short asked me to join and I said no. I wasn't good enough, was my reason. But she continued to ask me and I finally said yes.
And we lost that competition. I felt like these two people lost because of me. Because I didn't solve even one problem and both of them solved one problem.
Anyways, we lost and the next year I didn't participate in that competition, and the year after that I did. I participated a bit unwillingly. this other friend of mine badly wanted to participate and I just said yes to get her off the subject, but then when the competition was near, and I had already committed that I would be in her team, then I had to be in her team. We practiced and everything and we lost. Actually we secured the fourth position, but it was an internal competition and the first 3 teams were to proceed to the external competition. and we came 4th. But after that all three of us long to participate in any programming competition that comes in our way, or rather whose way we come in. :P
And on 9-10 of november another competition was held and we participated. 9th was the practice session, which went okay, they gave us pretty easy questions. We faced some problems. We had some problem while submitting our solution through PC^2. It was the first time we were using java in a competition. Before that we used C#. But in this competition C# wasn't allowed (unbelievable for me).
On 10th of november was the final session. We lost. But I didn't feel that bad after loosing as I had before. Maybe it was because 10th of november was my birthday, I didn't want to feel bad, I wanted to be happy on my bday. :)
And after the competition was over, we were still sitting in the lab gathering our things and I was reading the messages i had received on my cell during the competition. One of those three sms was from my friend since 1, Sakina, it went something like -- "It's the 10th of november, the bday of one of my sweetest friend, I had been a fool forgetting her bday so many times, but as time and distance makes us treasure our friends, I true cherish her friendship"
Thanks Sakina, you made my day.

2 comments:

Suboorah said...

em sorrrry again i know ur budday is in nov but this time also i was confused with the dates
belated happpy birthday yaaaar
plzzzzzzzzz forgive me ....:(

Originally Posted on:
November 25, 2007 12:52 AM

Ayesha Baig said...

Competition, which competition bina ji /
you ppl didn't tell me
anyways ,their is nothing to feel about about this compeition, not because of that you were celebrating your birthday on that day, beacuase you should be proud enough that you have such guts to even participate in things like these.
People like me quiteven before listening about all but you faced it and thsts what a really competitior needs
Harna Jeetna tu laga rehta haa
Aaj nahi tu kal you will be surely win
after all we are cheatz with the difference;)
:) tc

Originally Posted on:
February 17, 2008 10:39 AM