Saturday, February 9, 2008

Why do friendships diminish?

No I am not here to answer this question.
I don't think I can, and I don't think I ever will be able enough to bring myself to answer this simple yet enigmatic question. No I am not going to attempt that.
I am just here to pore my thoughts.
So, why do friendships weaken?
Why sometimes a friendship that could have gone a long mile and may have grown more stronger suddenly losses it's importance?
Why do we do this to ourselves?
When somewhere we do feel that we are loosing a friendship, why don't we fight for it? why don't we work for it? why don't we try to solve the problems? Why do we just let it be?
Sometimes it happens that we are hurt so much that it affects not just one friendship but it just changes our attitude towards people. We start judging everyone. Looking at everyone through the same mirror of skepticism. Why do we do that? But maybe we are right in doing this too.
Why don't we discuss the fears we have? Why don't we just come out and say how low we are feeling? Why is it so necessary for us to pretend all the time? Isn't it okay to surrender sometimes, is it okay to give others a chance?
Or I will say this again, maybe we are right in keeping our fears to ourselves, not letting anyone see our pain.
We loose our friendships doing this?
But are friendships so weak that it can withstand the winds of time?
Shouldn't it be strong enough to go through all of this with a smile?

I should end this here.
It's not going anywhere anyways....


No comments: