Wednesday, March 5, 2008

BINGO!!!

It was I guess Monday, when I didn't feel like working on the FYP. Nothing seems to be working anyways, so why waste time on making it work when there is only a thin chance that any of your ideas would work. So.... as I wasn't in the mood of working, instead of getting up and pushing my friends to accompany me to the FYP lab, we all sat together and talked, like we had nothing better to do. My group members didn't insist on working either (guess they were in the same mood I was).
So there we were sitting together, discussing the most incongruous and inane topics ever.
And then somehow, we started playing Bingo.
The game, in which each player makes a 5 by 5 matrix, and fills it with numbers between 1 and 25 (inclusive), and writes the letters B, I, N, G, O besides the matrix. The players are not allowed to see each other's matrix by rule, but it doesn't make much of a difference (that's what we keep telling our friend). :)
Each player calls out a number and cancels that number from his/her matrix, when a player is able to cut numbers that fall in the same line (whether straight, diagonal, vertical, hotrizontal) the player is supposed to cut off the letters (B, I, N, G, O). The player who cuts off all the letters first is declared the winner.
Seems like in easy enough game na?
It is I guess, you don't have to put much mind into it.
But it's so much fun.
And as usual I wasn't winning the game, in spite of enjoying it to the core.
I told everyone that we won't be leaving for the points before I win...... and so I did win.. finally.

Before we all knew about BINGO, we had this plan that before any of our mid term papers, right before the paper, the time when you are supposed to study for the exam, we'll all sit together and play "Name, Place, Animal, Thing". Now we have switched to Bingo.
See when that day would come. :)

No comments: