Friday, March 7, 2008

The time called exams.

Every time I have my papers starting in a few days, I start making plans of how I'll study, what I'll do, what I won't do. I do this just to make myself feel better by planning for the very near future, but not actually doing anything in the present.
I would go to sleep early every night saying that I would not sleep much during the papers and so I must get my sleep now. Like sleeping is a storable phenomenon. You can sleep for two days straight and you won't need to sleep for the next week. Ahh, wish that was possible.
But even if it was, it won't make much difference in my life, as it's not about the need to sleep but the urge to sleep that governs my daily routine. It's just that I want to sleep so that I won't have to do anything else. It's just this little teeny weeny want that I am not able to control. :P

And then the exams start without affecting much of my sleeping schedule. And during papers instead of thinking about how to study, making a timetable, trying to cover everything that needs to be studies, I think about what I'll do after the papers finish.
Like the movies I'll watch, the books I'll read, or sometimes even how I'll study in the future. Absurd na. Inane and stupid, right? Yes it is. You are absolutely right. I totally agree with you.
But agreeing doesn't mean that I'll be able to change my life long habits....

No comments: