Saturday, April 4, 2009

Aur bhi ghum hain zamanay mein.....

For quite a while now I have been trying to upgrade my blog's theme, adding more widgets (which actually work). I can't find my way around CSS and I am bad at designing, and I mean really bad. Girls are supposed to be good at choosing colors and contrasts sort of things, but guess what, I am different!! :P
So I got this friend of mine, who is a complete cheeti in Photoshop (next thing I am calling her up to tell that she got mentioned in my blog, maybe that would get her to visit it), to design some good images for my header.
And she sent me three brilliant designs, loved all three of them, and picked up the one I thought was the best... NEWS FLASH!!!! Blogger uploads the image all fine, saves it all fine, but when it comes to displaying it on the blog... THERE IS NO IMAGE THERE TO SPEAK OF...

Then there is this other thing going on.. Blogger introduced "Reactions" to posts thing, which I think is pretty cool.. But.. it doesn't work on my blog either. Any guesses why?

The only reason I could come up with is "They HATE me".. Why? I don't have any answer to that.
Maybe they are just angry, why?? I don't know that either.

So I got another blogger to upload an image on his header.. maybe there wasn't anything wrong with my blog, maybe things were going not-so-well at blogger people's end.. but not prizes for guessing, the image uploads and displays on his blog, but refuses to do so on my blog (so maybe they really do hate me).

I decided to put my rantings on Google's help forum, thinking that I would get some answer, some solution, or just some sympathies.... ohhh I was so so wrong.. Uptill now there hasn't been any answer there.. just my lonely lonely post....

And there was the problem of my comments not getting imported on this new blog :( :( sigh, sigh.... tears, tears.....

So I again started searching for themes. And couldn't find anything good on internet. I want some thing that is simple and which doesn't take ages to load.

I am quite happy with my current theme, if it would just allow me to upload a decent image.. I only want to upload an image, for crying out loud, is that too much to ask for????

I finally found a working code for "Most popular posts". Appartently, it's working fine.. let's see for how long that remains true.

I checked "Google's help forum" yesterday, to see if someone had answered my post there, but what I found there was not an answer to any of my problems, but a lot of other problems... and thought "Yaar, aur bhi ghum hain zamanay mein.. yahan to sirf aik image hee nahi upload ho raha...."

No comments: