Thursday, May 29, 2008

Finals, finally done!!!

26th May, 2008 was my last final paper of Bachelors, my very last paper of Bachelors. :D
It was "Media and Advertising" paper.
As I have said before, I haven't studied a lot during these finals. The was I used to spend my gaps, it didn't feel like I had a paper next day, watching movies, tv series, everything except studying. Well, I was studying of course, but not like I used to. I was always like "Yaar akhri semester hai"
I even said they shouldn't take papers in the final semester, they should let us all graduate with a 4.0 GPA in every course. When I told this to my friend Ashba, she stopped studying too and now she blames me saying "Jab se is ne yeh kaha hai na ke akhri semester mein finals nahi honay chayein mera bhi jee nahi chahta parhnay ka".

And this was the case during the gap I had for Media.
It has always been my record that somehow the first two or three chapters are left. And I always go through them in the point.
But nowadays I don't even count how many of the chapters are left.
And in Media we had to study from two books, I don't think it has ever happened that I bought a book and simply didn't read it or even touched it the entire semester. But this time I have done it all.
Till the end I didn't read one line from the Advertising book and now I regret wasting more than 400 rupees on a book I didn't study from, I could have bought a Stephen King novel from that money and that would have been money put to a good use. At least I would have read the entire book.
Anyways, there we were all sitting together in E1, studying Media, or at least trying to study with a more than 10 minutes break after every 5 minutes of studying. :P
And we also got our photographs that were taken on the picture day, the individual photographs.
At first, everyone was saying "yaar achi pic aaye hai". And then after a while we looked closely and went on with the problems...... Another half an hour waste. After the paper when we had a lot of time to discuss our photographs, they never came up. :P

My friends used to play "Name place" before their mid terms in the first semester. When I got to know this I planned that we'll do the same in the last semester. But we never got a chance. Before we every paper we said "Yaar name place phir reh gaya..... chalo Media ke paper mein khel lein gain"
But didn't go ahead with it then either.

Now let's talk about what happened during the paper.
I was thinking "Yehhh this is the last paper :D"
I spent the paper sneezing.
Every now and then I just sat looking here and there, pretending to think what to write, when I didn't have a clue about the question.
My friend Ashba, I guess, was suffering from the same symptoms, as she too was looking here and there, and twice our looking here and there was synchronized and we got a chance to pass smiles at each other. Notice our condition, that we didn't even think of asking something from the other person and just settled on a simple smile. :) May be that was because I was in the middle of the room (which happened to be Seminar 1) and she was sitting besides a wall. So, it was like one at the middle one at the end. What good would have happened even if I asked her something. :)

Back in school, one my teachers Miss Shamim gave us a lecture before our first Board Examination. She gave her tips for the papers. Like don't worry, etc etc. She also said, sit through the 3 hours, even if you finish half an hour before the paper is supposed to end, still sit and read and reread your answers, ponder over what you can't remember, you might just remember it at the last moment, so don't give back your answer scripts until you are asked too. I practiced this during my bachelors too. Only once or twice, I guess I have given back the answer scripts before time. And this time too I kept the script with me till the end, mainly because as I wasn't feeling well, most of my time was wasted in sneezing rather than writing what little I did know.

But the point is, it has finally ended. All of it.
After the paper, none of us discussed the questions. I never do that, I leave the place if my friends discuss the paper, but this time I didn't have to leave because no one even talked about it. We were just exchanging "Mubarak ho, last paper ho gaya" and shaking hands with each other.

Haa,... finally it has all ended.
We have finally given our last final paper of bachelors.
All through out this semester I was counting like "Last First Mid Term of Bachelors" then "Last Second Mid Term of Bachelors" and now finally "Last Finals of Bachelors".
It would have felt much much better if we didn't have FYP to worry about.
And also if my group and I didn't think that we had to submit our complete FYPs on 28th. (By the way we are supposed to submit it on 4th june, so it isn't like we have eternity left to work on it).

But still it feels good. Pretty good! :D :D

3 comments:

Muhammad Qasim Pasta said...

Best of luck for your FYP!

Originally Posted on:
May 30, 2008 7:58 AM

Intricate said...

Thanks. Really need luck. :)

Originally Posted on:
May 30, 2008 4:41 PM

Nazia Gilani said...

lolz...I was so happy on the last paper day i was screaming on top of my lungs at shawn:P...seriously I wasn't that happy on the fyp ending as i was in exam ending...it was such a g8 day...i seriously felt like all the bad times are over:P

I still am not over the shock that we did it, that we graduated, that there's no FAST and all that happened is in the past:P

Originally Posted on:
September 26, 2008 2:09 AM