Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day Maa

I wished my mom Happy Mother's Day in the morning. Made my eldest niece wish my mom and her own mom too. But wishing isn't enough.

Parents are the world's greatest of greatest people, yet we fail to realize that.
We are so busy in our lives that we only spare a few moments each day to talk to them. Forgetting that there was a time when we talked endlessly and even if they didn't want to talk they still did. Forgetting that whenever we are in trouble we go to them.

Whenever I am worried about something I go to my mom to tell her about it. Whenever I am depressed at something I look for my mom. Whenever I want to cry, I do that in front of her and she would hug me and let me lie down in her lap and let me cry as much as I want at the same time saying comforting things to me. And what do I give her?

I usually get time to talk to my mom the most in the morning while we both are eating breakfast. That is OUR time, my mom's and mine. No one else is around, so I can tell her whatever I want to, I can share everything with her at that time. But when I am studying for exams I usually don't listen to her carefully. I even sometimes forget to ask her about her health, because Moms are Moms, they always somehow hide their sickness and sorrows from their children.

I am what I am because of firstly Allah, and then my parents, everyone else comes after them.

And yet I haven't done anything for them.
My father usually calls me to his room or comes to my room himself to talk to me. He always says "kabhi abu se bhi baat kar liya karo". And I only go to him myself either when I have something to ask or when I am free. Why can't I take some time out for them only, when I have time for everything else, then why not for them?
Yeah, I know I am a bad bad daughter. :(

I wish I can make my parents very proud of me someday. Someday soon. May Allah give me an opportunity to make them feel extremely proud of me. (Ameen)

Every day is Parent's Day. Because they deserve to be treated like royalty.

2 comments:

Ali Raza Shaikh said...

Ahan! Nice post Bina.

You post made me sad, i am missing my Mom today, i wish i could go back to home today and hug her :(

Originally Posted on:
May 11, 2008 12:24 PM

Nazia Gilani said...

Eik baat to hain:P...keh main abhi bhi apni ama se bohat baat karti hoon...u know me nah...I always need somebody to talk to...nowadays...whenever i come back from work...from then till the next hour...i keep on talking non-stop with her...I'd eat and i'd follow her everywhere...even if she's in washroom i'll stand outside and continue talking:P I just adore her. I know I sometimes really hurt her, I wish I'd stop doing that...but I love her beyond anything else in this world:)

And about the crying thingie...my mom teases me as 1.5 hours...she says if i start crying then it takes her 1.5 hour to quitten me:P...poor her...she has suffered so much at my hands.

And about dad...well he's so busy nowadays...but every talk with him is special for me...and no matter how busy he is I always bug him for a few more moments...they are definitely the best parents in the world:)

Originally Posted on:
September 26, 2008 2:42 AM