Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Why do People blog????

This is something all non-bloggers wonder
"Why do people blog, don't they have anything better to do? or do they have so much time to waste?"

Well it's not that bloggers have nothing else to do, or they are wasting time. There are certain reasons to it:

Some people, like me, just love writing. For us, we write even if there are only a few people reading what we write, and not many who appreciate it either, but we just continue writing.

Others have some other motive. Like companies have blogs so they can help their customers.
Orkut has a blog, where they keep their users up to date with all the new features they are adding. Some company have a blog to give a solution to customers' problems there.
MSDN people have their blogs where they provide solutions to many problems. For e.g. I was having trouble with the dll thing, and when I searched for it, with many other things I found blogs on it too. Even when I posted the problem on a forum people gave me blog's link.
I read somewhere that Microsoft had a bad reputation that they don't care about their customers. And they started a blot where they can help their customers.

I'll keep on adding other reasons as soon as I understand them and have enough time.


Why do I blog?

From an assignment by our supervisor blogging has become an activity I enjoy. Something I take time out for.
Why I enjoy it? Firstly I like writing. And even when people don't read my stuff I still write.
Secondly, there are always so many things going on in my mind, one thought chasing the other one. This is just human nature. Everyone has so many things to think about, some times we can't even keep track of what we were thinking and how we started thinking about it.
And to sort out my feelings and thoughts I write about them. Not the actual things I think about, and of course not the reason I am thinking like that, I just try to hide my thoughts behind words. When I am feeling low or depressed, I might make a post on it. I heard somewhere that writing down the things that are making you depressed might help. Well they don't normally help me, but I still write, it might make me feel better some day. :)
And thirdly, which is I guess the most important reason behind most of my posts. My blog is more of an online diary to me than a mere blog. I am trying to keep my memories save somewhere, and so I write about my last year at uni and whatever is going on these days. So I can come back to it whenever I feel like it and read it.
I know it's a stupid reason. You may ask why don't I start writing a diary then, why share my memories with the entire world. Well to be honest, when I think like that I too feel a bit stupid writing about such things. But then ....... I don't know yaar. Let's just leave it here.

2 comments:

azimyasin said...

Blog mein bhi assignment :| hadh hai!

Originally Posted on:
May 17, 2008 7:29 AM

Nazia Gilani said...

lolz...this one sure was lame:P

apne aap pe 0 confidence hain tujhay:P

waise I write too...writing a dairy helps me a lot...I have been writing one since joining FAST...but I don't like sharing it with anyone...so it's just for me;)


Originally Posted on:
September 26, 2008 2:26 AM